A guinea pig saved the day in the Sandstone Apartments in Great Falls, MN, when a fire started in a lower-level apartment.
Emma Michelle, 17, was in her bedroom when she heard Fiona, her shaggy, brown guinea pig, squealing. When she went to the living room to investigate, she saw flames shooting up the wall behind the entertainment center.
Fiona was squeaking out an alert.
Michelle grabbed the guinea pig, fled the apartment and dialed 9-1-1.
Because of Fiona's squeeking warnings, no one was injured.